Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ugh! So busy.
Today I shipped a box of books to NJ. It's expensive, so I chose the 2-3 month option. I also stuck some DVD's and little things in there, so it'll be like a surprise when it comes.
I have to ship more tomorrow. Some things can wait; winter jacket, some books & dvds, my chinese Lipton joke mug, some little gifts for family I picked up, haha... they'll be forced to wait for them until Christmas! Also some gum. I don't normally chew gum, but there are odd flavors here, like cantaloupe. And there's an herbal gum I really like, so I bought 3-4 containers of it (40pieces each). Fine, I'll take a picture. Then you can tell me I'm a fool and they have it there.

You can try it very soon. I'm bringing back one right away, and packing 3. I checked the expiration dates, we're good.

I've also been taking pictures of nothing in particular; just roads I often go down, snapshots from along my usual routes.

So many little things I'll miss. Like individual packets of soymilk powder and cereal drinks (sound SO exciting I know, but they're really tasty and handy).

And cheap GOOD chinese food. Gongbao tofu goodbye! I have a recipe, but my one first attempt was a miserable failure.

- Little spiral disks, you eat them, they have a wisp of a hint of cinnamon and hot pepper.
- Tongyi hongcha! (my favorite iced tea)
- So many other drinks; not just 20 different kinds of soda in the refrigerator section of a convenience store, but just a few sodas, and other things like juices, rice milk, different kinds of milk tea, soymilk (dark and light)...

I've wanted to write a lot lately but I've been busy. Today it took me 15minutes to buy a gallon of water (excuse me, 4 liters), because I ended up chatting with the lady who owns the store and some older guy with his front teeth missing and gold other teeth... he's a doctor. He was kinda clever and amusing and wise actually, and he gave me his card.
When I got home, I found my son grumbling and cursing and rubbing his head because a huge piece of moulding that's been hanging finally fell. At the wrong time, wrong place. On his head. Spilled his yogurt too.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

RobynR said...

Wow! I'm so sorry you can't stay in China, and it looks like you have to move pretty suddenly, too. :(

Will you be coming back to NJ? There's a pretty good Asian market on Rte 27 in Edison. I'm sure they're missing a lot of great stuff, but at least you'll be able to find some of the foods you like.

Ahh, well, good luck with the trip back. I hope everything goes smoothly as possible. Maybe we can get together once you're settled in.

*hug*