Saturday, May 31, 2008

Weird dreams...

I've been going to bed late & getting up late... lately. And having weird dreams. The past few days have had hurricane-like wind but with no rain. It was SO WINDY I couldn't sleep. It was loud, and some windows were shaking, a car alarm would go off outside, etc. And you know how external noises can enter and affect your dreams, right? Like if you fall asleep with the TV on, etc?
So, my dream....


In the dream, I looked out the window (someone else was in my apt with me) and saw the trees blowing really hard (they really were in real life). I commented on it, and they started not only blowing so hard but moving past, faster & faster. I then realized that the building had started spinning... and going up. Everything was in black & white, and I felt the whole building being lifted into the air as it was spinning really fast. I thought, "Oh I get it! This is like the Wizard of Oz! Soon I'll land in a colorful world with a yellow brick road and go see the wizard.... Nah, I'm not really in the mood for that." And the dream changed to something else. Cool. I'm not really a "Wizard of Oz" person. That would have been an annoying dream.


I also had a dream that I forgot to feed my hamster for a few days (don't really have one) and found it dead, arranged neatly on display in this toaster I found a picture of online the day before for a different purpose. I think my brain just didn't finish thinking about that toaster; I wondered some things about it but dismissed it; so my brain went back to it in an effort to give it completion, like a bad relationship. Don't know where the hamster came from... random weird pairing.


(you can only toast one slice at a time? and it needs to be a certain thickness? The glass must get hot, so would you burn your hand if you bump it? And how do you get the toast out, poke it out sideways with a knife? Ahh, so it's ok to stick a knife in THIS toaster? The heat must escape from all sides; that seems inefficient. I don't think I want this toaster. Ok, I think my brain's done with the weird toaster.)

No comments: